More control over Windows
- Lots of management features
- Task bar options good
- Memory optimization option
- Still too complicated at first glance
- Offers you options for programs that are not installed
The last time we reviewed AnVir Task Manager, the verdict was clear - complicated. Will they have made any improvements in version 6?
Well, at first glance, the answer would have to be no. AnVir Task Manager is still a complicated program, and the fact that not many changes have been made to its appearance means that it's not going to be any more attractive to the uninitiated. That said, you should remember the old adage - never judge a book by its cover. Despite it complicated-looking exterior, AnVir Task Manager is actually a great tool and a vast improvement on Windows' normal task manager.
Among the best of the program's features are the ones that tackle the annoying little things that tend to crop up. Sure, we can all remove programs from our computer's start-up, but sometimes the sneakier ones reappear a few days later. AnVir Task Manager allows you to place these programs on a watch list so they can be blocked if they do try to make an uninvited reappearance. There is also a delayed start-up option, to speed the whole process up, and a customizable automatic shutdown option for non-responding programs.
These features are really only the tip of the AnVir Task Manager iceberg. To get the most from the program, you'll have to spend some time with it, checking options and opening menus. Even beginners can happily test it out since it prompts you to set restore points and has ample tooltips to guide you along the way. AnVir Task Manager provides loads of information on your programs and processes, and uses color codes to help you identify memory hogs and other leeches. All in all, if you want more control over your computer, AnVir Task Manager will provide it. If you're not sure, give it a try - you might like it!
AnVir Task Manager is an impressively complete program that isn't as complicated as it first looks!
- 1. Hidden processes monitoring. 2. Monitoring of additional Startup sections: + Task scheduler tasks + Internet Explorer panels 3. Display the temperature and load of a video-card 4. Display the remaining life for SSD drives Improvements: 1. On Windows 7 and Vista the program runs with full rights (via Windows Task scheduler) 2. Display the temperature for new processors 3. Improvements in the user interface